Thursday, November 1, 2012

Standards





 I’ve been giving a great deal of thought to standards. Standards in relationship, standards in love. How peculiar that we will hold high standards in our friendships or in deciding our favorite pairs of jeans and yet how we are quick to dismiss them when it comes to togetherness. I never used to have a set list of standards for love. I used to think that my expectations were bound to change as I met different men and thus, that I would be pointless and disappointing to look for particular traits. But the same way, I wouldn’t befriend someone disrespectful, or someone who I thought dull, or who would bring me down, the same way I shouldn’t settle in a lover. Thus, here's a list of things that I want in a lover and that I wont compromise on: kindness, patience, someone taller than me, someone funny, someone who inspires me, someone who pushes me forward (and vice-versa), someone who's honest, someone who's respectful, someone who's nice to strangers, someone who can appreciate curves, someone who doesn't try to change me. What do you want? For your life, for your relationship? xox

No comments:

Post a Comment